Are you are thinking of replacing your existing solar hot water system or are you installing a system for the first time? The Queensland Government will reduce the cost to you by providing the following rebates:
Up to $1000 to replace your existing solar hot water system
Up to $600 for a new installation of a solar hot water system or heat pump; if you are a pensioner or a low income earner your rebate will be up to $1000.
What is the best system to meet your family’s needs?
Download Solar Information Sheet from The QLD Govt.
For more information on the rebate programme visit The Office of Clean Energy or phone: 13 25 23
Solar Hot Water Rebate Guideline and Application Information
Solar Panels Scheme
Install solar photovoltaic panels (PV) on your home and let the Queensland Government pay you for the surplus energy you generate.
The solar PV scheme has been designed by the Queensland Government to increase the state’s renewable energy while encouraging the population to be energy efficient and in turn stimulate the Queensland solar power industry. This is a fantastic initiative offering immediate returns to you and your family.
So how much will you be paid for the electricity you generate?
The Government will pay you a tariff per kilowatt hour (kWh) for surplus energy that you feed into the grid.
You could save up to $450 per year on your electricity bill (average customer operating a 1.5 kW system).
Are you eligible to receive the solar bonus?
- Do you consume less than 100 megawatt hours of electricity per year?
- Have you purchased and installed a new solar PV system and is it connected to the QLD energy grid?
- Are you generating surplus energy and are you feeding the surplus into the QLD energy grid?
- Do you have an agreement with an electricity distributer and have they installed the appropriate metering equipment?
- Does your solar PV system have the capacity for up to 10kVA for single phase power and 30kVA for 3-phase power?
- You must have an electricity account with an electricity retailer